Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 3 of 30 days of video games!!!

Day 3 – A game that is underrated.

hmmm wow this one is really hard for me to pick just one game... I have played and loved sooo many underrated games its not funny.. But upon a lot of thought and consideration I choose...........



Eternal Sonata! I feel that this game was a beautiful game, yea sure the graphics weren't as good as they could have been, but the gameplay and story really drew me in, and not a lot of games can tame my A.D.D. but this one did. I have a bad habit of starting games playing them for a few days then getting a.d.d. and starting off another game.. lol but this game held my interest until the very end! I think it is a very neat way of incorporating the history of the great composer frederic chopin into a video game! Although the parts where they did more of a back story to the real chopin were a tad boring and strange it helped you to understand the story a bit better. I love the scenery and the character designs as well, this game was overall just a great rpg with a very good story imo..

but since of course I have played soo many underrated games I will add in a few honorable mentions:

Rule of Rose was a great game! Not a lot of people have even heard of it really but the storyline is delightfully twisted of a young girl being bullied and ridiculed by the red crayon aristocrat club, this game is a great psychological survival horror game, the only bad thing I can say is that the controls really suck for the game, and jennifer walks soooo slow!! lol other than that a great story!


Fatal Frame is a great survival horror game that not a lot of people have heard of.. It is the only game that actually scared me when playing!! Lol.. You have to fight ghosts with the camera obscura, which sounds lame I know, but it really draws you in because you are looking at the battle area through the camera, so your vision is hardcore limited and when the ghost appears as you are searching for it, it freaks you out!! lol This game series also had a very interesting storyline that was based on real japanese folk tales. My only complaint for this game is that damn but the characters walk soooooo slow.. lol

ok sooo this blog was waay longer than the others but I feel that these games deserve some recognition! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment